Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser still cutting while traveling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tim.bywaterlees
144 Views, 2 Replies

Laser still cutting while traveling

I am trying to cut out a gasket with laser from a Fusion360 profile. I have produced the code which is cutting required outline but is also cutting the travel lines i.e. the machine does not appear to reduce the laser power level when traveling from cut to cut. The machine is a Crowsgrow CNC milling machine with a laser attachment with GRBL control. Within set up the machine is set as "Autodesk Generic Cutting machine Post grbl lase.cps". Checking the toolpath data it is showing that the laser should be lifted to the retract height but it does not appear to be happening.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Do you know what codes are required to turn the laser on and off? Does it turn off at the end of its cycle?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3

I took this as as having to alter the G-code manually but checking that out I found that GRBL has a laser mode option in the set up. Once I switched that it resolved that. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums