Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Tool Orientation for following Operations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Simon_Fr
334 Views, 6 Replies

Keep Tool Orientation for following Operations

A way to keep the Tool Orientation for following Operations (in Fusion360 Manufacturing). Imagine having a Template for Drilling, Countersinking and Reaming a Hole. You load it in, and it Automatically chooses the Holes because you set the Diameter Range. But the Holes are on the left side of the Part. Now you have to go in every single Operation and choose the Tool Orientation. Now imagine having different Sized Reamed Holes, Threads and so on.  The same goes for Roughing and Finishing Operations, that's why the Hole Expert isn't an Option. Can there be a function that will set the Orientation for following Operations? Or is there a way to implement a function in which you can choose various Orientations beforehand and then just select "Orientation 1" for example in the Tool Orientation Section?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: Simon_Fr

And that's why we're working on multi-axis drilling 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
Simon_Fr
in reply to: seth.madore

That's nice to hear 😄

Will there be any function for Milling?

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore

I believe that there is consideration for the Hole Recognition workflow, but I'm not intimately involved with the project. I can check in with the developers to see if this is involved in the planned work.

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 7
Simon_Fr
in reply to: seth.madore

I would appreciate it if you could do that.

Anyway, thanks for the already fast and informing replies.

Message 6 of 7
programming2C78B

I've asked for this as well. Something like a toggle box of "use prior tool(path)s orientation"

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 7 of 7
seth.madore

@Simon_Fr wrote:

I would appreciate it if you could do that.

Anyway, thanks for the already fast and informing replies.

I did check in with the developers regarding non-drilling templates and Hole Recognition. This is on the long term roadmap for our Multi-Axis improvements, but we're going to make sure we address the fundamentals before we move into this area.

@programming2C78B there is some work that is actively being done to make the whole concept of Tool Orientation (and reuse) a LOT smoother for the user. Stay tuned... 😉

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report