Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Radius Milling

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
justontour
233 Views, 6 Replies

Issues with Radius Milling

Hi, i would like to get a 1,5mm radius at my edges of my part with my Radius 1,5mm mill tool. I try to use the 2D-Contour and have chosen the spedific edges, put at end height -1,5mm. but it takes too much away. Could someone advise me where my error is?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: justontour

You have compensation set to Off, you need to set it to in computer or in control.

HughesTooling_1-1689418814361.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
HughesTooling

Looking at your toolpaths, using spiral seems a bit odd. I'd use a pocketing op, see attached file. As you had no ramp in the spiral toolpath, I've set the ramp quite steep in the pocket op. Are you going to finish the pocket with a flat bottom cutter at some point? 

This is the pocket toolpath, it has the same 0.5mm stock to leave you had in the spiral op.

HughesTooling_0-1689421246491.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
justontour
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks for your help, the pocket ops look good (ball mill will the final cut on the ground). But i´ve still issues with the radius mill and the edges... The radius mill tool didn´t cut only with the flank, it´s cut also with the bottom end of the tool which is not intended. Seems for me that the X-position of the tool is not calculated correctly... The red marked suface is cutted with the bottom of the tool

2023-07-15 18_01_12-Autodesk Fusion 360 (Persönlich - nicht zur kommerziellen Nutzung).png

Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

The reason it looks like that is because you used a ball mill and left 0.5mm stock to leave (sides and bottom). If you clean up the pocket with a slot drill and no stock to leave it will be correct.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

Just turning off stock to leave with the ball mill gives this.

HughesTooling_0-1689441440543.png

Uncheck this setting.

HughesTooling_0-1689441539292.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
justontour

Thanks, missed to deactivate this option. Now everything looks good, will do a test part in the coming days.

Thanks for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report