Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 3d pocket clearing. Moving parts after the milling operation is generated.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
anapTAHZH
285 Views, 12 Replies

Issue with 3d pocket clearing. Moving parts after the milling operation is generated.

Hello,

Recently I noticed that I have an inexplicable problem with the 3d pocket clearing operation. In the machine boundary tab if its "bounding box" or ' silhouette" nothing is selectable! When I put "selection" for   machine boundary now I can select some lines but I generate the toolpath it's said that the toolpath is empty.

And another thing that also came up recently that is extremely annoying and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
When I decide to move pieces to cut after the toolpath is generated. I go to the edit manufacturing model, I move the piece, which in the end should be in another place, and I expect that after I do the re-generate, the toolpath will move together with the corresponding piece, but the toolpath does not move at all! The most interesting thing is that I do new cutting operation it takes the outlines from the old position!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
seth.madore
in reply to: anapTAHZH

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 13
anapTAHZH
in reply to: seth.madore

when I move a part  for the first time with an already generated toolpath, the program guesses that there is a change and prompts you to generate a new toolpath. However, when moving again, it does not take into account the new position and says that there is a valid toolpath, and even if you make a new generation, it accepts the old contours!

Message 4 of 13
HughesTooling

In the manufacture model you have a capture position pending. If you capture the position the toolpath generates in the right place.

HughesTooling_0-1693567214438.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
HughesTooling

General design advice is not to use capture position as they create a lot of data and not as efficient as using joints. I wasn't too sure about in a manufacture model but looking at your design you could position the components with joint quite easily and you'd have the benefit that joints are easy to edit if you need to reposition something.

Mark

EDIT Take a look at the attached design. I used a joint to position the green component relative to the origin then used joints to position the other components off the edges off the edges of the components. Like this it's easy to edit the joints to get the spacings you want.

HughesTooling_0-1693568672051.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 13

I recommend you read up on how boundaries work.

I am not sure if your attached file is the same as what you showed photos of. Make sure to select geometry of the model itself, and not from a sketch (as it won't be also moving with your Body translation) 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID63F97CC8-99FE-40B7-AFF1-061E826955B3

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 7 of 13
anapTAHZH
in reply to: HughesTooling

anapTAHZH_0-1693576653619.png

"Edit Manufacturing model" is closed. Otherwise  you can't see the setup, toolpaths and etc. Look at the screenshot. The last toolpath is generated   but it diverges from the contour of the down right part

Message 8 of 13
HughesTooling

@anapTAHZH wrote:

"Edit Manufacturing model" is closed. Otherwise  you can't see the setup, toolpaths and etc. Look at the screenshot. The last toolpath is generated   but it diverges from the contour of the down right part

Yes the manufacture model is closed but you didn't save the position so it doesn't update. If you edit the manufacture model and capture the position it will work correctly.

Mark

Leaving capture positions pending causes a lot of problems not just in the manufacture workspace. 99.999% of the time if you are using a capture position you're doing something wrong!

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
anapTAHZH

The capture position is saved! 

anapTAHZH_1-1693811060682.png

Message 10 of 13
HughesTooling

Can you share the design again in that state?

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
anapTAHZH

What do you mean by that? You have the file but I'm attaching it again.

Message 12 of 13
HughesTooling

The toolpaths look like they are correct but you've moved the stock.

Why have you moved the stock so the parts are no longer in it?

HughesTooling_0-1693823274554.png

The move and capture position at the end of the timeline seem to be an error?

HughesTooling_1-1693823371617.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
anapTAHZH

I have not moved the stock , but the parts. I was just demonstrating what happens when you move or shuffle elements after the toolpaths are generated. This happens often with us. This problem appeared recently, never before happened under any circumstances.
It's best to do it yourself, just move the elements more than once and see what happens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report