Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to get my created tools back?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
slaughlin79
163 Views, 7 Replies

Is there any way to get my created tools back?

I figured tools I created were saved on the cloud just like everything else is.

well, when I installed the scantech scanviewer 3D scanner application and files on laptop from a flash drive, OneDrive created a bunch of copies of that and other folders in c\drive and other. I found out after windows defender and Microsoft store were uninstalled off my laptop without me doing it that my laptop was self destructing so I reset and rest and cleaned probably 7 times. Why so many times? bc one drive kept reinstalling tge files just the way they were that were causing all the problems as soon as I logged into account.

well last night I went to start a new cam job and all my tools are missing but if I go into  setups that were created before the reset all the tools are correctly illustrated in those jobs.

2-1/2 years of custom made cutters and holders missing but still exist in many many cam setups.

So is there any way to import a tool from a setup/cam tool paths to the tool library?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
HughesTooling
in reply to: slaughlin79

If you search in assets are they still there? Have you reenabled CAM libraries? It can take awhile for them to sync after enabling.

HughesTooling_1-1686920529717.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
FrodoLoggins

What do you mean by clean?

You can download Recuva and if the files were never overwritten by Windows they should be in this folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\CAM360\libraries\Local

The file extension of the tool library should be .json IIRC.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 8
slaughlin79
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

When I say cleaned, I wiped everything along with deleting everything in my one drive and also uninstalled the app so it couldn’t keep corrupting the lap top as soon as I signed into Microsoft. When I did the reset, it asks if you want to keep your files, I said no. Besides tools being on there which I didn’t know at the time everything else is backed up on my iCloud. Pictures and stuff like that. I didn’t even think about it bc I thought just like everything else on f360 it was in the cloud. Now if we were allowed to store models on a pc then I would’ve known better.
Message 5 of 8
slaughlin79
in reply to: HughesTooling

I did not go into preferences and turn that on but I most definitely will when I get home.

would make my year if that works.

Message 6 of 8
martha.deans

Hi @slaughlin79,

Just to give a bit more context about where tools are stored, there are three storage locations for tools. Document tools are tools that have been used while programming, and get copied into the .f3d file where the toolpath that uses them has been created. So, like you've pointed out, some tools that have been used can be found in Fusion designs and they appear in this section when the document is open. 

Local Libraries are stored on your computer, and were likely to have been deleted when you wiped your computer unless you can recover them like @FrodoLoggins suggested. 

Cloud libraries are stored in Fusion Team just like your Fusion designs. Once Cloud Libraries is turned on in preferences, an Assets Library will appear at the bottom of your projects list. Any libraries you have stored in the cloud will appear in the "CAMTools" folder. 

marthadeans_0-1686936293588.png

marthadeans_1-1686936311653.png

When you have a document with tools open that you want to move into one of the other locations (Local or Cloud), you can copy and paste that tool from the Document Library into any Local or Cloud library. (see gif below)

2023-06-16_10-32-17 (1).gif

Marti Deans
Product Manager, Fusion 360 Manufacturing
Message 7 of 8
HughesTooling

@slaughlin79 wrote:

So is there any way to import a tool from a setup/cam tool paths to the tool library?

Just to answer this question, yes you can copy tools from existing designs. 

Just right click the tool in the document library and copy.

HughesTooling_0-1686937545409.png

Then in the target library just right click and paste. Note you have to be in another library you've created before you get the paste option.

HughesTooling_1-1686937712941.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
slaughlin79
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yes that works like a charm. I figured it out by just clicking on stuff and got on here to update and I seen you had already responded. So thank you.
I’ll look into it today when I get home but hopefully there is a way to save them to the cloud?
I have a msi CreatorPro x17 on preorder and I do not want to corrupt anything by doing something wrong when transferring folders to new, if I ever receive it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report