Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to revert back to the old UI?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fusion1CLWXV
361 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a way to revert back to the old UI?

The new update V.2.0.15291 has made some of my toolpaths broken with the most common message just being "No contour selected to machine"

The little box that was very easy to use when selecting contours, has also disappeared, being replaced by a list of all contour paths. So now I can't seem to find a way to easily delete certain contours, I'm forced to click the small x on the right panel, which is extremely annoying. I can't see how this is supposed to make anything more productive

To add, why isn't the Thread pitch in the name next to the size of the tap, why does it have to have it's own column

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: fusion1CLWXV

No, there is no mechanism of reverting to the old UI, it was not possible to have it exist at the same time as our new Geometry Features.

Give this video a watch and see if it helps you navigate the new UI any better:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

Hi fusion1CLWXV,

sorry to hear that you are having issues. Any chance you can share the model with us and we will do the best we can to help you?

The missing selections dialog indicates to me that one of your chain selections no longer references the geometry that you originally selected. Try looking through the list and see if any of them have a warning triangle and if not edit each chain individually to see if there are missing selections.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter V. Pretsch
SW Development Manager
Message 4 of 5

Is it supposed to be a improvement? 

This new way to select geometries doesn't work well at all, it's very slow and it require way more manipulations to arrive at the same result then before...

Why change something who works well and very easy to use? 

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
DarthBane55
in reply to: anthonyADWFL

Sorry, it is a big improvement.  Most high end system has some version of this, where you can control the end points of each profile you pick.  This is the 1st step in that direction.  It will allow you to select multiple profiles within 1 operation, because you can change the start/end separately.  This saves you time when programming, and it saves time on the machine as well because you can lower your clearances.

Give it time, you will eventually love this...  maybe... 🤓

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report