Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create toolpath operations using the API?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
anthony.a.douglas
453 Views, 7 Replies

Is it possible to create toolpath operations using the API?

Is it possible to create e. a 3d toolpath operations with e.g. surfaces as model input using the API?  I looked through the documentation but cannot tell.  I was going to get in there and try it by treating a (toolpath) Operation object a bit like an ExtrudeFeature object to see if I could get one to create, but I don't think I will have a second to spare any time soon to do that 😞 (I hardly know any python etc. to begin with so even just to try it with reliability would take me a long time) so I thought I would ask.

It seems to be implied that it is not possible from the cam section of the api documentation, but the implication is vague and from 2016 so I gotta ask.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

No, this is not possible at this time, sorry...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8

Can I modify existing ones? Changing which surfaces they use as the model geometry, for instance.

Message 4 of 8

Sorry, no. The API hasn't been forgotten or abandoned, it's just been put on a sideburner for a bit 😞

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 8
jeff.pek
in reply to: seth.madore

We do have an active effort that is underway to extend the API. Being able to create operations (from templates) and also setting geometry references are part of the expected enhancements.

Jeff

Message 6 of 8

Is there a schedule when this feature will be available?

Message 7 of 8

Hi - It's possible today to create new operation(s) from a saved template. This is in the adsk.cam.Setup object: createFromTemplate.

It's not yet possible to set geometry references from the API, though this is in our roadmap to add. Can't give you a specific timeframe for that.

Jeff

Message 8 of 8

I think it might be available now. Check the document that maps the API.
It said show it, if it is up to date.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report