Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the default operation type when using the 'create setups from manufacturing model' feature when nesting?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
nate.glg
264 Views, 11 Replies

Is it possible to change the default operation type when using the 'create setups from manufacturing model' feature when nesting?

nateglg_2-1652909594498.png

nateglg_3-1652909695787.png

Here when I select this option to 'create setups from manufacturing model' it defaults operation types of all the setups to 'cutting'. Would it be possible for me to change that default operation type? When I try to edit all of them one time, it doesn't allow me to change the operation type. 

Also, would it be possible to set the default 'origin' as well rather than me having to go through each individual setup?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
nate.glg
in reply to: nate.glg

Message 3 of 12
seth.madore

Hmm...I don't think this is possible, but I've not tried to do so. 

I don't have a Nest study handy to play around with, do you have one you could share?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 12
nate.glg
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes I do, here is a file containing a nest study for some tables.

Message 5 of 12
jeff.pek

I think we've done something recently to base the operation off of the active tab, as we had done for creating individual setups. I'm not sure if that's hit the street yet. It may be coming in the next update.

Jeff

Message 6 of 12
nate.glg
in reply to: jeff.pek

I just tried that and it worked! It selects the operation type depending on the active tab. I was in the fabrication tab because that's where the nesting button is lol. Thank you.

Any takes on setting the default origin? @jeff.pek @seth.madore
Message 7 of 12
jeff.pek

Glad that worked.

What are you wanting to set the default origin to?

Jeff

Message 8 of 12
nate.glg

I would want to be able to set it to a selected corner (the far left top corner) of the stock for all sheets. Like this.nateglg_0-1652994182385.png

Currently, it defaults to this the bottom of that corner

Message 9 of 12
jeff.pek

This is something that we are working on. There is some debate on how much control to give over this, but when creating setups from these sheets, I think it definitely makes sense to be able to set the WCS origin based on the sheet.

Jeff

Message 10 of 12
nate.glg

Okay, thank you. Good to know that it is in the air. I'll work around it for now by manually selecting the origin point for each sheet. 

Message 11 of 12
HAN_INDUK

hi nate. glg!
go to Preferences>General>Manufacture and set to Default operation type = Milling.
Message 12 of 12
HAN_INDUK

yes, I am having same issue for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums