Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Groove with Pitch

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TronIndustriesInc
244 Views, 3 Replies

Internal Groove with Pitch

Hi Everyone,

I have part that I am programming that has an internal groove that is set to a 1" pitch. I have a boring bar tool built in Fusion to do this groove, but I do not know how to apply the pitch to the toolpath without using the threading function. I am just curious is there is a way to get fusion to allow me to make this path. I tried to make the tool as a threading bar in fusion but the tool does not seem to turn out in the design section? I may be doing something wrong when building the threading tool, but I thought I would reach out to the community to see if anyone has ever tried to do this before.

Pitched groove.PNG

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TronIndustriesInc

Appears to be grease groove, just program standard threading tool to produce code then use ID grooving bar at the machine with .062 wide round insert.

Make multiple light passes to prevent breaking insert at feed rate of one inch per revolution, you may wanna keep spindle speed low as tool will more or less act as being in rapid mode at that feed rate.

The other option would be using slot cutter, rotary tool and wrapped 2D contour in polar mode.

Message 3 of 4

@TronIndustriesInc You can now use a grooving tool in a threading operation.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Akash! I didn't realize you could use a grooving tool for the threading cycle. I did that and got what I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report