Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal cam kernal error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
programmatie
103 Views, 2 Replies

internal cam kernal error

I just wanted to report a cam kernal error i just found within the 3D contour strategy.

I have been turning different settings on and off but have not been succesfull in finding the cause of this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There are a couple of problems. 

First is a bug in the slot tool setup. If you look at your tool you'll notice a thin disk at the same diameter as the upper shaft. I found a workaround if you setup something like this. I reported this bug a couple months ago.

Clipboard01.png

The second problem is it looks like you need to set a small radius for the cutter, 0.01mm works!

See attached file. I made some mods. I deleted the manufacture models because they are not needed on simple parts like this. I've enabled the timeline and create a stock model without the undercuts So I can use rest machining it the 3d profile op. Check the tool definition and orientation of the part as I might have got that wrong.

Toolpath generates now but I changed it to machine from top down. There is a warning I think because the last pass in on the part and the move between the sides is on the face.

Clipboard03.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your feedback!

The file i shared was just a small portion of the part i was programming but i applied all your feedback on my actual program and i have a toolpath i can use now.

The disk on slot mills is something i noticed a while ago as well but never knew you could get rid of it, so thanks for showing that too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report