Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement for 3d contour!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HughesTooling
140 Views, 2 Replies

Improvement for 3d contour!

If you enable machine shallow areas why does 3d contour ignore closed areas below the last step?

Here's an example. I have a stepdown of 0.5mm leaving a big closed area at the centre. When I enable machine shallow areas this area is ignored, only extra passes are added above the bottom step.

HughesTooling_0-1692276072224.png

With shallow areas enabled even with a very fine step over same area is unmachined! Why isn't the shallow stepover applied to this area? Test file attached. I'm not looking for a workaround, I want this to just work better than it does now. Should have asked about this years ago!

HughesTooling_1-1692276189956.png

Mark

Edit. There is something very odd going on with this. If I set the op up so the last step should be at 6.2mm (pocket is 6.25mm) it still puts the last step at 6mm! Goes in 0.5mm steps then the last step is 0.3mm.

HughesTooling_0-1692276803484.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

Looking into it..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks for reporting this Mark, certainly room for improvement. I've opened up CAM-47718 to investigate this issue

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums