Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im a fusion noob need help with how to get my job on 2 sheets of ply

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mark_wh
166 Views, 6 Replies

Im a fusion noob need help with how to get my job on 2 sheets of ply

Hi as i said above I'm a fusion noob and I've been slowly teaching my self fusion 360 ive got my design finished and i followed Lars Christensen's video  Fusion 360 Tutorial - Align Arrange & Nest Assemblies - Season 3 - YouTube loved it taught me a lot. What i haven't been able to figure out is my job wont fit on 1 sheet of ply i need to spread it across 2 Sheets All help greatly appreciated. 

Regards 

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Warmingup1953
in reply to: mark_wh

Won't fit why?.... too long in one or more dimensions or does the total area of the components to be cut exceed a single sheet? Can you share your file?

Message 3 of 7
seth.madore

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 7
mark_wh
in reply to: seth.madore

the total components to be cut exceeds the space available on one sheet of ply. Please excuse my design etc ive only been learning fusion a short time

Message 5 of 7
Warmingup1953

and what license do you have?

Message 6 of 7
Warmingup1953

The included Arrange in the Manufacturing Workspace arranges components onto a single (as far as I know)  face, plane  or sketch. The paid Nesting add-in gives you all the Bells&Whistles. Now in this case you don't really need advanced features...Arrange has filled one sheet but had one leftover component..."no biggy" as we say here in Australia! Should you have a more complex arrange then you can at least investigate sheet use age with a two-sheet and bridge sketch:

nest.jpg

Message 7 of 7
mark_wh
in reply to: Warmingup1953

Sweet I'm in Australia also. I thought it might be that simple but got confused when it came to saving the 2 sheets as separate Gcode (.nc)files so I can send them  to my CNC separately Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report