Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID finish pass won't extend to stock.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tgford58
94 Views, 3 Replies

ID finish pass won't extend to stock.

I am trying to improve my Lathe CAM knowledge and I have hit a problem.  Actually a couple.

Attached is the file I am working on.  Pretty simple part.  In Setup 1 the 3rd tool is a finish pass on the ID of the part.  I'd like this to extend forward to include the stock to avoid the gouge entry if confined to the part.  I need the stock to stabilize my 2nd Op, drilling 10mm radial holes.  I'd like to finish the ID to avoid one surface being finished with an interrupted cut.  I've tried all manner of different combinations for the Radii and Front/Back designations.

Please help.  I have to be missing something simple.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: tgford58

Use Tangential Extension on the Geometry tab

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 7.28.02 AM.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
programming2C78B
in reply to: tgford58

not sure I follow. You can change your lead in angle and distance to make it work better.

or

a) face first

b) use less stock on the first op

c) include the face in the boring cycle (change your outer diameter to stock OD)

d)model a cylinder that goes out to your stock face 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 4
tgford58
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore  Once again, such a simple answer.  Thank you.  I have used tangential extensions on the back plane quite often.  Why it didn't click is beyond me.

Thanks again  Seth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report