Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot emboss my font over a cylinder.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ian1196
138 Views, 6 Replies

I cannot emboss my font over a cylinder.

I am using Cdm.shx font because it is single line and appears to be equal spaced. I need help getting this text to emboss over a cylinder. When using Emboss feature, I cannot select the text. It works for other text fonts.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Warmingup1953
in reply to: ian1196

Will you be CNC machining this? 4 Axis?

Message 3 of 7
ian1196

Yes, I will be machining in 3 axis.  I will find the angle of separation for the numbers. Ten set-ups will be made where each represents a digit on the "top". Each will be a subroutine. I will use a manual rotary and scribe one digit at a time on a 3-axis machine by calling the desired subs.  I have 8 cylinders and each part will have a 4 digit number. I want to capture the variation in "Z" for each number.

Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling

How about just using 2d contour using the text then wrap. File's attached.

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard01.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
ian1196

That method does not work. It is looking for a 5-axis machine. I only have a 3-axis machine. I just want to scribe that "3" in the middle of my example using 3 axis technology.

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

@ian1196 wrote:

Yes, I will be machining in 3 axis.  I will find the angle of separation for the numbers.

As you don't have 4 axis I think your only option will be to create a plane for each letter using a tangent plane and set the angle between each letter. Then create a setup for each letter and use project in the manufacture workspace to create the toolpath for each letter. See attached design.

Clipboard02.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
ian1196

Thank you very much. I have never used Project before. I have a CNC machine that I use for my hobbies and I try to learn something each week in Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums