Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting collision detection on 2 out of 6 holes during a deep drilling operation.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gilberto.garcia-ceja
114 Views, 1 Reply

I am getting collision detection on 2 out of 6 holes during a deep drilling operation.

Seeking some help from the sub. The "12 and 6 o'clock" holes are showing collisions. All 6 holes are being drilled under the same operation. Drill flute length is not an issue. I am using a deep drilling operation (peck drilling). The first two holes are fine, then it detects a collision, then the next two are fine and the last hole detects another collision.

I am using live tooling in a Haas ST30-SSY. I drill holes often and this is the first time this happens to me. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am tempted to just post and see what happens, but wanted to get some insight from here first.

Collision warning only says “Collision ## Rapid Collision with stock”

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

That's odd. Can you share your Fusion file by chance?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report