Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hwacheon 450CXL YMC Post request

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tony3W49B
171 Views, 6 Replies

Hwacheon 450CXL YMC Post request

Hi Fusioneers,

Does anyone have a post for a Hwacheon 450CXL YMC running fanuc i-series control, please?

I am not that clued up on editing/creating post processors so, in the absence of the exact post, if anyone could talk me through editing an existing post, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: tony3W49B

It doesn't appear that we have a post for that brand of machines. 

I'd likely start with the Doosan, Tsugami or Samsung post processors and see what the output code is like, and then edit from there.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
seth.madore

You "might" have luck starting with this Hwacheon post instead, actually:
https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=hwacheon_hi-tech_230al_mill-turn_fanuc

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 7
tony3W49B
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore 

Thanks for the reply.

I did see that in the Fusion Post Library, but was unsure on whether it was configured with a 'Y' axis. I've just had a quick flick through the post and it looks like it is.

As a starting point, I will give this one a try, and see the results.

Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Message 5 of 7
tony3W49B

@seth.madore ,

Is there a chance you could walk me through any issues I may have with regards to altering the post please?

1st issue I have is, although I am selecting use " use tailstock" in the processes I can't see in the program where the M code is being called up for the tailstock.

I have searched through the post for "tailstock" but am not sure what I would do to the post to correctly engage/ disengage the tailstock.

I started with the Hwaecheon Post in the Fusion library. I will try and use a Doosan one, in the meantime to see if that is any different.

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7
seth.madore

The Hwacheon post I linked above does have support for Y axis and a tailstock. The tailstock does have to be enabled in the Post Properties:

2023-07-24_06h10_01.png

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 7
tony3W49B
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore ,

Thanks for the info.

I used the option you specified. And it worked.

Much appreciated. There was a little tweek needed, in the post for the 'M' code to extend the quill, which I edited and got working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums