Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurco VMX42srti Post Processor Help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ashley.Moran3CQFT
230 Views, 5 Replies

Hurco VMX42srti Post Processor Help

Hi all 

I have an issue when using the Generic Hurco post to run a VMX42srti

At the end of an operation when the Head is at 90Degrees and a tool change is called on the next operation. The head tries to reset the B and C axis back to 0 before calling the tool change (This isn't necessary as the machine automatically does this on tool change) 

This causes the tool to rotate and hit the part as it is trying to rotate around the datum I believe. 

How can I change the post so it doesn't post " G0 B0. C0. " At the end of the operation 

Thanks 

Ash

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Ashley.Moran3CQFT

@Ashley.Moran3CQFT can you share the cps file?

Message 3 of 6
Ashley.Moran3CQFT
in reply to: Anonymous

I have attached the CPS file

So it seems to be ok although it is abit un nerving with it orientating the b axis so close to the table but it seems to rotate around the tool center point until the end of the program where is cancels the orientation point and then tries to rotate the tool into the bed

Message 4 of 6

@Ashley.Moran3CQFT 

Maybe the attached PP will do what you need, it lifts the Z axis to Z0 using the M140 before moving the B and C axis and the only place you get the G0 B0 C0 is at the end of the full program and selecting the M140 option turns off the "Safe Retracts" G53 etc so that should be Ok ??

Message 5 of 6

Hello Ashley.Moran3CQFT

I'll make a ticket on this and will contact Hurco to see what they recommend.

Bill Cain
Sr. Technical Consultant
Message 6 of 6

This is a very late reply but i have tried this post and it seems to work how i need it to 

Thank you for your help 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report