Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tune 3D Adaptive

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
conjured2018
309 Views, 6 Replies

How to tune 3D Adaptive

adaptive tool path on attached part plunges to point .75 and then at this depth does a perimeter run. I want the end mill to go to depth slowly and then begin work at entry point not do perimeter plow thru board at .75

thx.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: conjured2018

What size is your stock? Are you looking to take the minimal amount of stock off or just clear the whole lot away from the part?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: conjured2018

Adaptive toolpaths, by their design, are intended to use the maximum possible flute (there are limitations and caveats to that statement). What is your machine and it's relative "stoutness"? You're using 1/2" tools, so it's no slouch, it would appear.

Considering you're in wood, it seems that a 3D Pocket might serve as a better option, no?

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 7
conjured2018
in reply to: seth.madore

I want to remove material as fast as machine is capable. I take parts right to glue up, business is busy. I run very conservative. trying to get job done with no strain, without mill screaming at me. the -.75 Z dive move is at fusion standard data. I am surprised the basic set up does this. I now use pocket to clear and thought 3D Adaptive will save me time.

parts are cut from 1.5 inch ply  or hardwood. I have thought of displaying parts in a 4x4 board. wondering if this is better. Parts now are isolated with no image of the board.

I have a 3hp spindle and it can handle a Z -.75 dive into material but I don't like it.

thank u

Message 5 of 7
conjured2018
in reply to: seth.madore

yes, i have good success with 3d pocket. thank you JR

I think the problem I have with adaptive is the way the parts are laid out. fusion does not know the parts are in wood. it sees parts on an island with no material around.

Message 6 of 7

So you didn't model your stock, then got frustrated when it plunged into your stock?

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: wstoneandsons

It's important to keep in mind that many folks are at different stages of learning how to do this whole "CAM" thing. What may seem obvious to experienced users is not always so with newer users struggling to get stuff made 🙂

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report