Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a standard multiple depth values for specific tools or operation?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
96flintj
312 Views, 3 Replies

How to set a standard multiple depth values for specific tools or operation?

Hello,

Is there a way to set a standard "multiple depths" value for a specific tool? Or tooling operation? I'm not a fan of having to set this up each time. It would also be a good thing to know about tabs. I assume that there is a way...

Thanks,

Jeremy

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: 96flintj

In the Tool Library presets, one can specify "Use Stepdown" and "Use Stepover". When programming a Pocket or Contour toolpath and selecting a tool and selecting those Presets, one should be given that data automatically.

Furthermore, one could also modify the default values of the Pocket or Contour toolpath by the use of Expressions.

One example of that would be: tool_fluteLength*.25

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
96flintj
in reply to: seth.madore

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks!

Now, what about having a standard tab setting when selecting 2d contour? And for clearing, I don't want helix to be the default.

Where can I set this?

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: 96flintj

Right click on the toolpath and select "Compare and Edit". This will open a new (large) dialog box with every setting in that toolpath. At the bottom left is a text field where you can type the setting you are looking for. Type in "Tabs" or "Ramp". You can set to what you want and then "right click" and "Save as User Default"

2022-04-17_05h59_33.png

2022-04-17_05h59_44.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report