Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print arranged Parts for Woodworking cut sheet

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
timrf79
255 Views, 7 Replies

How to print arranged Parts for Woodworking cut sheet

I am looking for a way to print parts arranged with the arrange function to create a cutsheet.

The manufacture arrange function lets me projects me parts on a 2D surface of my material, I then would like to print that arrangement with measurements.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
StefansB
in reply to: timrf79

I think it's easier to make a drawing with arranged parts and with all dimensions then print it out.

Message 3 of 8
timrf79
in reply to: StefansB

Sorry, but I disagree:
1.) The arrange function is very quick in putting pieces on a flat sheet
2.) Having to copy, paste and then flip/turn pieces and arrange by hand is cumbersome
3.) Why do I pay for software with a functionality (arrange) when I can not use it?
Message 4 of 8
jeff.pek

Hi -

When you say you want to print the parts, do you mean to create a drawing of the arranged parts?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 5 of 8
timrf79
in reply to: jeff.pek

Print a drawing that shows where and how to cut the plywood to get the parts needed.

Message 6 of 8
jeff.pek

We're working on functionality now that will support the creation of a cut list from the arrangement(s). Sounds like that's what you're looking for?

Jeff

Message 7 of 8
timrf79
in reply to: jeff.pek

Correct,

I was thinking about simply taking the arranged parts screen from the manufacturing view and allowing to create a drawing from the manufacturing view.

This way the parts remain updated with changes on the design.

At the same time I can print assembly drawings from the design (and animation).

Message 8 of 8
jeff.pek

If you do the arrangement in the main design, and not in the manufacturing model, you can do all that today.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report