Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize 2D pocket toolpaths like Flat toolpaths in Manufacture

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
thaodptsc
671 Views, 15 Replies

How to optimize 2D pocket toolpaths like Flat toolpaths in Manufacture

I used 2 tools for same purpose. The result is diffence in toolpaths. Could you help me optimize 2D Pocket toolpaths like Flat Toolpaths as pictures. 

Flat.png

Pocket.png

Thank you so much!

Labels (3)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

If you don't mind sharing the model, I can help you.

Message 3 of 16

It is quite heavy. I can make it another and send you.
Message 4 of 16
seth.madore
in reply to: thaodptsc

If you can share the model here, we can take a look at the file and the current toolpaths.

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 16
thaodptsc
in reply to: seth.madore

Hello
In attached file, I made a simple file with 3 options to cut. I am trying to optimize toolpaths.
There are an issues in 2D Pocket: function: "Preserve order" is not work and it can not optimize toolpaths. I have to separate into small areas that toolpaths is too long. 

With Flat, toolpaths is optimized. Pockets selection that are close to each other will be cut first. 

Thank you for your help. 

Message 6 of 16

Hi, I did a test for you and created a 2D Pocket operation. I didn't see any empty movement. I am attaching pictures of my selections and settings. Can you review your own project?

1.png

2.png

3.png

   

Message 7 of 16

Yes, I means the distance between selections. You can see pictures. Flas has a short distant and Pocket has a long distant. This is simple file. A complicated file will take very long distances. 

1. 2D pocket

Flat selection.png

Pocket selection 2.png

2. Flat

Pocket selection.png

Flat selection 1.png

Message 8 of 16

I understand the problem more clearly now. I also tried 2 operations in a restricted area. You should change the Helix part under the Linking selection Ramp that you use in Pocket operation. You will find the same ways when you change this setting section to plunge. Attached are the test results I did for you. If you found a solution to your problem, please accept the solution 🙂

Message 9 of 16

Thank you for your reply.
I am using plunge in Linking part. You can check in attached file. I mean the way Fusion move between selection. Messy order is made in 2D pocket and optimal order is made in Flat. Machine have to move a long distance to next pockets. 

To more clearly, please check below pictures: 

1. Flat with Optimal Order: 

Flat.png

2. 2D pocket with messy order:

Pocket.png

Message 10 of 16
st.scsi
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you Avtodesk for an extra hour for meditation! Preserve order? No, I haven't heard!

Message 11 of 16

It may be necessary to open a case regarding this issue. @seth.madore 

Message 12 of 16
thaodptsc
in reply to: st.scsi

Exactly this problems. It took much time with longer movement with 2D pocket and Face contour.

You can try with Flat, you will have an optimize movement but it is not siutable with my work. 

Message 13 of 16

Yes, I think function "Preserve order" is disable and 2D pocket and Face contour can not optimize tool's movement.
Message 14 of 16
thaodptsc

While the sofware have not fixed this problem, I think you should devide into small area to select pocket. It will help you save much time because tool just move in each small area.

Message 15 of 16
st.scsi
in reply to: thaodptsc

So far I have .tap files for all my projects. In this particular file, I also used the previous milling paths. Problems await me when trying to do something new. I don't understand what could have broken after the update. For 4 years everything worked as it should, "Preserve order" always worked. And then suddenly, without a declaration of war, such a random riding on the table.
Message 16 of 16
thaodptsc

Yes. I hope it will be fixed in next update. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report