Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adaptive mill these pockets.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
keith_scott_
113 Views, 3 Replies

How to adaptive mill these pockets.

First of all here's the link to my file, which can be downloaded:

https://a360.co/48wSbci

As can be seen in the setup I'm using a solid for the stock, which is almost identical to the part, apart from the half circle pockets around the edge.

I've been at this for a whole day and just keep hitting a wall. I'm trying to work out how to use a 5mm end mill to adaptively mill these half circle pockets around the edge of the circular part.

I've found other ways such as a drill operation with a slot mill being used to plunge, or a circular operation with an end mill spiraling all the way down. However, no way can I find how to used the side of an end mill to adaptively clear them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: keith_scott_

Give this a try:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

You can do it also without contour selection.

Use 3D-Adaptive, choose the stock material and press ok.

marcustoepke_0-1705146533243.png

If your toolpath try to mill at the upper face set the upper height a little bit in minus

Message 4 of 4
keith_scott_
in reply to: keith_scott_

Thank you very much guys. There's absolutely no way I would have worked this out any time soon without your help.

I'm fairly new to the cam side of things, so really have no clue at this point in time when anything goes above what you see on basic tutorials. I can see the rabbit hole can get fairly deep with cam.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report