Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I avoid Parallel to rapid into stock.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ian1196
159 Views, 4 Replies

How do I avoid Parallel to rapid into stock.

In general if I have a subsection on a part and I cut a 2DContour around the section. I then use Parallel over the subsection. Parallel will rapid through any remaining stock to get down to the subsection. Can I avoid this rapid lead in?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: ian1196

Parallel is not "excess stock" aware, only Model aware. I would likely chuck on there a 3D Adaptive that's been constrained by some sketch and heights.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
ian1196
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you, I thought it was something like that. I never had much success with Adaptive Clearing. It takes too long to process and mill. Pocket seems much better. Flat is also slow to process but it is better than Horizontal.

Message 4 of 5
jscott6SWZG

Yup i have been struggling with this.   Thanks for the hint

Message 5 of 5
HughesTooling

@ian1196 wrote:

I never had much success with Adaptive Clearing. It takes too long to process and mill. Pocket seems much better. Flat is also slow to process but it is better than Horizontal.

Can you share a design where you have an adaptive toolpath set up? If you've set it up as a pocketing toolpath it will take a lot longer than an open pocket (clearing the top of a boss).

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report