Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I machine a curved internal pocket on the 4th.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KallinM3MS6
653 Views, 3 Replies

How can I machine a curved internal pocket on the 4th.

I would like to find a way to use any 4th axis capable toolpath to machine a curved internal pocket. I have the machining extension. I have tried all of them so far. when I setup a toolpath with collation avoidance on, it uses 5th axis to rotate the tool and not 4th to move the rotary. I have tried the wrapped 2d contour but it doesn't machine the inside.  In the pictures the center web is vertical the two outer webs are not. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: KallinM3MS6

At the moment, there are no toolpaths available to the public that can machine this in a manner that you are looking for. However, we have some toolpaths that are being worked on actively and will be available to users in the near future. Best I can say at this point: Keep an eye out for future updates that are going to bring much improvement to multi-axis work...

2023-06-25_16h16_12.png

(thanks to @brad.francola for doing the heavy lifting on this toolpath 😁)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
brad.francola
in reply to: KallinM3MS6

I'm happy to help.  Thanks for posting a proper response @seth.madore . 

Message 4 of 4
KallinM3MS6
in reply to: seth.madore

seth, what toolpath are you using in the picture? I was able to use blend for the bottom and positional for the sides with collision avoidance on but ill have to hand edit out the 5th axis command. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report