Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hole recognition with form taps

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bart
134 Views, 1 Reply

hole recognition with form taps

I 've been trying to implement hole recognition in our workflows, but I noticed that this is not possible when you try to use form taps!

I think hole recognition can be a real time saver, but in our case, 80% of our tapped holes are with form taps, and I thing there are plenty company's just like us...

Manufacturing team, please considder making an option inside the hole recognition "options" to use Form tap drilling diameters

This means for example for M10 hole using a drill of 9.3 instead of 8.5

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: bart

It would be better if we had access to the database so we could customise/add our own recipes.(Kinda like Camworks database)

I had tried hole Recognition as well, and because we machine a lot of stainless steel we want to drill larger tap holes than standard  like 5.1mm for M6 and 14.2 for M16 etc. but you cannot do this.

We also put a lot of STI threads in plastic and Aluminum and there is no options for those either.

The other point of frustration is I chamfer all my holes with a chamfer mill and 2D Chamfer rather than using a spot drill or countersink and you can't do this with Hole recognition either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report