Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobby 4th axis licensing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeffreydavidstein
188 Views, 4 Replies

Hobby 4th axis licensing

I have been using the Hobby license to do cad/cam for my 3-axis cnc, and I am adding a rotary machine to my hobby shop. I understand that all rotary functions are in the Machining Extension. My question is am I required to buy the commercial license before adding the extension, or can I add the extension to the Hobby version?

Alternately if anyone knows a way to perform 3-axis rotary machining (X, Z, A) without the extension that would be even better.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You cannot purchase the Extension on a Personal Use license, you must first have a Commercial license

What sort of work do you plan on doing with the 4th axis? Are you certain that you also need the Machining Extension? In Commercial, we do have Wrap 2D Pocket/Contour/Adaptive/Engrave.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

I will look into the Wrap options, as I will obviously need at least Commercial.

As to what I will do, I'm not sure. The machine has X, Z, and A control, so I expect I'll want to create cylindrical based models that can be carved with parallel paths that go right and rotate a few degrees then back left and rotate....etc. Maybe some statues, vases, lamps? 

I don't mind jumping to Commercial, but if I can do what I need without the extension my wallet would like that very much.

Message 4 of 5

What is your actual machine, and what post processor do you use? If you don't have a Y axis, that may pose some issues in posting 🤔

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5

The machine is a Cyclone made by Odyssey CNC. I was told the processor was Demon Rotary Y Wrap?

Thanks for helping....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report