Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help 3D Surfacing Long Thin Part

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jorsborn
67 Views, 1 Reply

Help 3D Surfacing Long Thin Part

I have a part that is kicking my butt. I've wasted hours trying to do what I want to do but can't get it to work.  I have this long thin part that doesn't really have a flat surface (though it looks like it does). Since holding it for the second side would be difficult, I want to window machine it. I have a rectangular piece of stock I have defined with locating/hold down holes and a crude outline of the part I am using as a containment boundary so that I am not machining my hold downs/dowel pins. I simply want to rough the first side then surface it with a 3D strategy. Flip the part and do the same leaving 0.02 stock holding it in place. Finally I'll run a 2D contour operation with tabs to break through leaving me with some minor trimming/sanding.

I've attached a F3D so you can see what I am doing here. Any help/direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Capture.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
seth.madore
in reply to: jorsborn

What's your actual issue, is it the Steep and Shallow that has an empty toolpath? You've selected the opposite faces for "Machine", that may have some impact on the resulting toolpath..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report