Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helix Entry for pocket clearing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
miengineer313
89 Views, 5 Replies

Helix Entry for pocket clearing

Hello! I am having trouble with a pocket toolpath where the helix entry ends before it actually spirals into the part. The toolpath looks good to go, I just need to know how to change the helix depth. I am attaching a picture for more clarity. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: miengineer313

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
miengineer313
in reply to: seth.madore

Attached is the fusion file. 

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

What is your desired result; helix down to final depth, retract back up and then take the slot in .05" increments? Or did you want to just helix to each depth instead of the ramp that it's doing?

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
miengineer313
in reply to: seth.madore

What were trying to accomplish is to have the tool helix into the stock about .04 or so before it starts making its passes back and fourth in the x-axis. About .03-.04 per stepdown. 

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

You're going to have to make a concession in some area though; it's either a large stepover and ramp pass to each depth, or a helix (as desired) but a first pass thru the middle of the slot and a finish pass:

2024-01-30_14h23_20.png

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report