Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heidenhain TNC 640 tool radius offset

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
byazici
114 Views, 1 Reply

Heidenhain TNC 640 tool radius offset

Hey ppl,

Im having a problem with the radius offset using the Heidenhain post from the Fusion post library. Im using a basic 2D ADAPTIVE strategy to empty a pocket using a single 10mm milling tool. The post outputs L command with X and Y coordinates during the end of the path for the spiral movements. The pocket came out a little small and I wanted to make it a little larger and whatever I did using DR or tool offset in the tool tables did not have any effect on the path. Now, I believe this is happening because fusion is using a centerline path but, is there any other way to do this or what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: byazici

Hi

Yes for all roughing toolpaths/passes fusion doesn't output Cutter compensation so the toolpath will be all in R0

2D Adaptive is a Roughing toolpath and shouldn't be used to finish anything.

You should follow up with a 2D contour pass to finish(you can also use 2D Pocket with Finishing passes turned on)

Set the Compensation type to In control:

alaasW8M6T_0-1720721551233.png

Now the Finish passes will be output with RL(Climb milling) and the DR will have an effect on the size

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report