Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble working out end of op clearances.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
boyd.sofield
80 Views, 2 Replies

Having trouble working out end of op clearances.

New 4th axis. I have options G28, G53, Clearance Height and G30. I keep getting an error if I select Clearance Height for my retracts and return at the end of operations.

Large machine I really dont want the gantry racing the length of the machine at the end of an op I just want it to zero the Z and stay put for the next job. I am unsure what to do? Ive attached the very first 4th axis job I am working on. I just need to sort out the end of job return can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RoccoHilton
in reply to: boyd.sofield

can you show me the postprocessor you are using?

Message 3 of 3
boyd.sofield
in reply to: RoccoHilton

Hi. Sure. It came from a member here actually. Gee. The collaborative approach is in progress huh?

The G28 and G30 I was really busy yesterday, had a bit of a read up but still dont fully know what they are about.  I will have to read into it further. Just a simple Z to zero will work at end of operations for me.

Tell you what, its a home built machine. Watching a 200kg gantry race at full speed to the stops, and stopping at zero the first time raises the heart rate.

Attached. What do you think?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report