Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble setting up Milling a rounded corner on a coaster

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Liamtyrrelld
113 Views, 3 Replies

Having trouble setting up Milling a rounded corner on a coaster

Hi There.

I am trying to mill out this coaster base on my mill but I am having trouble getting the machining to cut the rounded corner of the coaster. I am really new to all of this and there is probably a bunch of stuff I am missing. I'm just working this out from youtube videos and stuff at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

At the moment when trying to set up a tool path the machining seems to just stop about halfway down and I'm not sure why. I have tried a variety of bits but im not sure which is the correct one to use. I have a 1200mm x 1200mm CnC Router. Thank you.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Not sure which toolpath you wanna use, i'm pretty sure that you have to adjust the Bottom Height though. If you use a Lollipop you have to plunge down deeper than the bottom of your model to actually mill the rounding

Unbenannt.PNG

Message 3 of 4

I am honestly not sure what type of end mill bit to use. I have seen corner rounding bits before but they always have something sticking out the bottom which seems like it would get in the way. I also wouldn't be able to plunge beyond the bottom of the surface because that would then go into whatever the stock is sitting on right?
Message 4 of 4

Thats correct, either attach your coaster to a piece of scrap or use a small ballnose and surface it all.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums