Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having hard time setting up machine simulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jeff2HS8X
101 Views, 1 Reply

having hard time setting up machine simulation

I am trying to set up a machine simulation utilizing a post processor which we have tailored to our liking. I am getting a weird error saying that "machine configuration is being overridden by the post script" if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I have copied my post processer, the machine file (which has the machine build within) and the "test 5 axis part" file where I am doing a sample program to test out at the machine. this 5 axis machine is brand new to our shop and the only one we have so I am just trying to get the post all dialed in before we start running some jobs and figured it would be great to be able to machine simulate in the future.... 

Thanks 

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jeff2HS8X

Hi,

The  "machine configuration is being overridden by the post script" error is due to there being a multi axis configuration that is selectable in the post properties. to fix this you just needed to select "no Rotary" and now machine sim will work, but when i tried it out it was showing no rotary motion in simulation

The problem appears to be with the post processor.

It seems you have an older Okuma post, so i just downloaded the latest okuma post and now it's all working correctly.

You still need to make sure you have "no rotary" selected under configuration:

alaasW8M6T_0-1697241170617.png

There is also a little funny business going on with the machine setup, the tool attachment point wasn't correctly sticking to the spindle so i just had to unselect and reselect it. 

I would suggest having the base modelled into the machine to, as you have a static component in the kinematic chain but no component to select in machine builder which will cause the simulation to look funny as normally the sim will run with the base as the static point, but without one the part defaults to the static point and the machine moves around it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums