Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas VF2 (1998 version) post help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dhmachining4
145 Views, 3 Replies

Haas VF2 (1998 version) post help

I have a 1998 Haas vf2, looking form help on the post, I have 3 vises setup in the machine G54, G55 and G56. when I move from offset to offset it want to go to Z-home between move, I don't want it to do this and only go up to the clearance height in the program for the move. Does someone have a good post for this or what setting am I missing for it to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bob.schultz
in reply to: dhmachining4

You have a couple of choices to keep the tool from doing a full retract.  Setting the Safe Retracts property to Clearance Height will always retract to the clearance height of the operation and never do a full retraction.

bobschultz_0-1705412765486.png

Or if you only want to disable the full retraction at a WCS (G54, G55, etc.) change, then you can remove the test for a newWorkOffset in the following line in onSection ...

if ((insertToolCall && !getProperty("fastToolChange")) || newWorkOffset || newWorkPlane || toolChecked) {

... to look like this ...

if ((insertToolCall && !getProperty("fastToolChange")) || newWorkPlane || toolChecked) {

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 3 of 4
dhmachining4

Bob,

I got the Clearance Height to work. Thank You!

I do have 1 more question, this post I am using has this code at the end.

G0 Z0.6

M5
M9
M30

How do I change it to look more like this?

G0 Z0.6

M5
M9
G53 G0 Z0.
X0.
G53 Y0.
M30

I want it to go home in Z and home in Y so the table comes out to me for part changes?

Thank You

Dale

Message 4 of 4
bob.schultz

Hi Dale,

If you have the Home position center box checked, then you should be getting this output, as long as Safe Retracts is not set to Clearance Height, which it does not look like since you have a G53 Z0 move at the end of the program.

bobschultz_0-1705681917386.png

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums