Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas st-15y lathe / post processor / too many points in the generated program

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tothrt
163 Views, 5 Replies

Haas st-15y lathe / post processor / too many points in the generated program

Hello there!

I need help in the following. We have a quite new Haas ST-15Y lathe, Y-axis, live tooling. I use the latest post processor from fusion library without any modifications.

I want to mill a circle (concentric with rotation) inside and outside of the part with an axial toolholder. In Fusion there are only a few points which you can see in the picture. But in the generated program there are a lot of small "line" movements and not just arc movements. Of course the C-axis "stutters" at these parts of the code, leaves a bad surface finish and moves much slower.

Why is this and how can I get it work correctly? So I can have only arc moves instead of these little line segments?

This is not a real part, just for testing. But I experienced the same behavior at real parts where I had to mill inner or outer arcs.

I'll attach 2 more pictures in the first comment of my post settings.

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tothrt
in reply to: tothrt

here are the post settings

Message 3 of 6
seth.madore

Could you share your sample Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
tothrt
in reply to: seth.madore

Sure, here it is.

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore

Ah. That's just "the nature of the beast" in regards to how we handle Polar/Wrap milling at this point. Smoothing, as you notice, has no effect on this. Yes, a manually programmed toolpath would be just a few points, but we can't resolve that at this point in time.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
tothrt
in reply to: seth.madore

Ah, alright. I'm not happy about that. But anyway, thank you for your follow up! 🙂

Best regards,

Tamás

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums