Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas Pre-Ngc mill post porcessor G18, G17 and M9/M89 BUGS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MultiMasz
263 Views, 6 Replies

Haas Pre-Ngc mill post porcessor G18, G17 and M9/M89 BUGS

Hi, 

If the next operation after face milling (witch is using G18 for vertical radius led ins/outs) is optional there is G17 missing for the next tool that may cause crashes, and also if the optional operation uses thru spindle coolant it causes coolant to flow constantly (there is M89 instead M9 which is skipped). See attached program: 1001.nc

In my opinion its kind a major BUG. Take a look lines N65; N100 - M9 skipped; N140; N180 - M89; and N215-N220 with missing G17.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MultiMasz
in reply to: MultiMasz

Meh, i guess 🙄

Message 3 of 7

Hello MultiMasz

Are you using an old or custom post? The latest post looks to have this problem fixed. If you are using the latest post can you share your project?

Bill Cain
Sr. Technical Consultant
Message 4 of 7

I am using slightly modded post processor obtained from F360 page which seems to be out of date. The new one seems to have M9/M89 problem fixed, although G17 is still block-skipped in optional operation. Job file and posted 1001.nc attached.

Message 5 of 7

Hello MultiMasz

Putting a line in function onSectionEnd should fix the problem. I will make a ticket in our system to fix it also.

gPlaneModal.reset(); // Reset plane output for next operation.

Bill Cain
Sr. Technical Consultant
Message 6 of 7
HeDiPack52025
in reply to: MultiMasz

It would be great if G17 is in the beginning of a tool. If you delete a tool which end with G18 the new one will start correctly if G17 is at the start.

Message 7 of 7

Hello HeDiPack52025

The latest Haas PreNGC post does that. We made changes so the G17 would always come out when the tool is changed. When the tool is not changed it will come out if the previous process did not end on a G17.

Bill Cain
Sr. Technical Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report