Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas Post Processor

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wesmcwilliams92
484 Views, 1 Reply

Haas Post Processor

I am looking for a way to edit my post process and add a setting I can turn on or off to send all tool change to G53 G0 X0. Y0. before the change starts. I would like this to be included as a simple yes or no option in the post process because very often I am using tools that would hit my part if I let it change over the top of it. I am capable of simply editing the G code and adding a line after it sends the tool to G53 Z0. but sometimes people have to edit my programs while I am not here and some of them are not comfortable editing the code manually. This causes issues with my longer programs that have 12+ hours of run time because they will simply post the program in pieces and put the tools in by hand. We occasionally have to utilize weekend run time when no one is around to swap tools so being able to have the tool change happen away from the part and not worry anyone would be awesome. If this is a possibility it would be greatly appreciated. Even if its not necessarily a yes or no in the post process window but simply a separate and non "generic" post I could select when needed would work as well. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Look at the section "retract to safe plane",  starting on line 900 of the generic haas post. Add the bolded line and it will move to the XY home after the retract to Z home.

// retract to safe plane
    retracted = true;
    if (properties.useG28) {
      writeBlock(gFormat.format(28), gAbsIncModal.format(91), "Z" + xyzFormat.format(0));
    } else {
      gMotionModal.reset();
      writeBlock(gAbsIncModal.format(90), gFormat.format(53), gMotionModal.format(0), "Z" + xyzFormat.format(0));
      writeBlock(gAbsIncModal.format(90), gFormat.format(53), gMotionModal.format(0), "X" + xyzFormat.format(0), "Y" + xyzFormat.format(0));
    }

You could toggle this by adding a user-defined property and checking if it's true. Something like this around line 65:

retractXYHome: Yes, //  move to xy home after z retract.

And then check the properties state when retracting to the safe plane like:

if (properties.retractXYHome) {
        writeBlock(gAbsIncModal.format(90), gFormat.format(53), gMotionModal.format(0), "X" + xyzFormat.format(0), "Y" + xyzFormat.format(0));
        }

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report