Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groove machining on Hwacheon Fanuc lathe without Y axis

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Matt_Leon
263 Views, 4 Replies

Groove machining on Hwacheon Fanuc lathe without Y axis

I have to work a groove as shown in the image. The lathe is a Hwacheon - Hi-tech 700 MC without the Y axis .

The machining is currently performed with the combination of X axis and rotary C but the slot is not very good.

How can I correctly make the path with Fusion and export the program  correctly?

thanks

this is the sharing link

https://a360.co/3CRYwBN

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: Matt_Leon

Unfortunately you cannot machine that feature completely without a Y-axis

The best you will get is to go on center with a 20mm endmill using 2D contour picking one edge and using tangential extension to move the start point(also turn off leads).

This will not machine the "Wings" of the start of the slot.

For the other keyways you can use the slot tool path to ramp down.

see attached

Message 3 of 5
Matt_Leon
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

now the machine operator has programmed the machining by combining the movements between the X axis and the C spindle, is it possible to replicate this type of movement with Fusion?

thanks!

Message 4 of 5
a.laasW8M6T

Yes it is possible to sort of get this motion.

You can use the Wrap toolpath feature on 2D contour but it will never machine the feature even close to correct

wrap.png

Another option could be the Rotary toolpath. this seems to give a better approximation:

rotary.png

I assume the operator is using G112 at the control, this will still only ever give an approximation of the feature as you cannot generate parallel walls/ flat floors by rotating the C axis

The Wrap function in 2d contour is basically the same as the G112

Message 5 of 5
Matt_Leon

thanks @a.laasW8M6T !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report