Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a warning that won't allow the toolpath to be created

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
crchisholm
104 Views, 4 Replies

Getting a warning that won't allow the toolpath to be created

I don't understand what this is trying to tell me.  Each time I try and setup a pocket command I will select the pockets but when I save it, it will clear the paths I've selected and tell me the toolpaths are empty.  I am not sure what I need to do.

I've been working with fusion for several years now and everytime I get a little confidence, something will come along and show me I know nothing.

Charlie 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: crchisholm

Hmm, would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
crchisholm
in reply to: seth.madore

here it is....

Thanks for responding.

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: crchisholm

That's because your slot/pocket width is .250" and your tool is also .250". You could select one edge and use 2D Contour, or use a smaller tool and proceed. Oh, I'll also point out that you have .020" stock to leave, so you would need a tool no bigger than .210" to work (.187 is a common size)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
crchisholm
in reply to: seth.madore

well of course!   Thanks.  I thought I set it to "no additional stock"  but clearly not.  

I now can fix it.

Thank you very much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums