Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getPositionU and 840Di CIP

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wconturo
179 Views, 3 Replies

getPositionU and 840Di CIP

Hi,

I'd like to confirm that getPositionU is a midpoint on an arc in XYZ absolute position like shown in green and not incremental like shown in blue. I might be missing something so correct me if I'm totally off here.

wconturo_0-1681833296185.png

I'm having trouble getting our machine to go where it's supposed to using CIP arcs. 

wconturo_1-1681833428789.png

It looks like there are AC and IC parts of the arguments that I'm not currently using but want to make sure I implement this correctly. I would assume AC should be added all IJK arguments for the way fusion outputs "getPositionU(.5)"

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
serge.quiblier
in reply to: wconturo

Hi @wconturo 

getPositionU(.5) will compute the coordinates on the medium point in the arc sweep.

Then when expressing the coordinates in a Siemens post, they can be outputted as Absolute Coordinate.

If they are prefixed this way, i.e I1=AC(12.354) means 12.354 in absolute, as in G90 mode.

Or they can be expressed as Incremental Coordinate, if prefixed by IC

i.e I1=IC(12.354) it’s 12.354 mm from the last X outputted coordinate, as in G91 mode.

Regards.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
wconturo
in reply to: serge.quiblier

I understand the methodology on the Siemens end. My confusion is on the fusion side. Is the arc point expressed as incremental or absolute? Does the post know what mode it’s outputting and output the midpoint accordingly or does it always output either absolute or incremental? 

Message 4 of 4
serge.quiblier
in reply to: wconturo

It is calculated in absolute.

Incremental is only uses when we switch the output variable from a createVariable to a createIncrementalVariable.

If we need to output this point as incremental, we will do as the Fanuc arc center

.format(cx - start.x)

The informations passed by Fusion, and used internally, are mostly in absolute mode.

We can change the output to incremental in one way (createIncrementalVariable) or another (arc center calculation)

Regards.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report