Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geodesic toolpath 4th axis toolpath not posting unless I set post to post 5 axis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
adrian.montero2Z8YR
111 Views, 3 Replies

Geodesic toolpath 4th axis toolpath not posting unless I set post to post 5 axis

Trying out the Geodesic toolpath for the 4th axis.  I set the Machining Type as 4-axis and got a working toolpath.  When I tried to post out the toolpath, I put the post processor for the 4-axis to run the program and got an error log.  I changed the post setting from 4-axis to 5-axis, and it posted a program.  I examined the program and saw that the cut file used the 5th axis even though I selected the machining type to the 4-axis.  I assumed the post would output C=0 or 180 but not C=-179.9xxx.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you have  collision detection and/or Smooth linking turned on it will generate 5 axis moves for a 4 axis toolpath, I have reported this some time ago but it still hasn't been fixed

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

We have fixed this internally and are going to be getting it into a future release. I'm not certain of the "when" of this, but the ticket I had logged (CAM-50389) has been marked as "Fixed".

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the info. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums