Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gauge Length not updating when changing Holder Geometry

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
vpace91423
53 Views, 0 Replies

Gauge Length not updating when changing Holder Geometry

We handle roughly 500 tools with thier own H# assigned for gauge length. Our posts then update the gauge length via G10 L#. Currently we have been using an entry in the Product ID equal to the gauge length of the tool previously measured. But when I export our excell spreadsheet I noticed the gauge length was not even close at times to our Product ID entry. Investigating it I found if you take a Maritol ER16 4.0 holder with a gauge length of 4.0624 and place a tool 2.0 below holder, Gauge Length in Fusion is 6.0624 which is correct. If I then go in and duplicate the tool and change the holder geometry to a total of 4.5624 length, the gauge length remains 4.0624. Anyone else run into this? If I build the holder from scratch it works correct. But if I take a vendor tool, it doesn't seem to refresh to the new lenght of the holder. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report