Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gang Tool, tool change

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dbeanmail
188 Views, 1 Reply

Gang Tool, tool change

Hello,

I have a PP for my Syntec controller that I need tweaked. When doing a tool change I need the machine to move one axis at a time. Would look something like X to clearance, Z to clearance, New Tool, X to clearance, Z to approach position etc. 

I use the Approach & Retract under the Linking tab but after a tool change I get this. 

//PROFILE ROUGHING
G98
G97 S1500 M4
G0 X-0.665 Z0.1969

I need X and Z to be on separate lines. 

If I use a G53 and send it home every time I also run the chance of a tool crossing the work piece and crashing. I don't want it to go all the way home either just to move to the next tool. 

I asked the ChatGPT the other day and it gave me the answer including the code as well as what part of the PP to modify but it was late at night and when I went to get the info the next day, ChatGPT went been offline. I've tried google searches, searched the forums.... I'm almost out of hair to pull. 

Also, How do I call an M05 before a tool change? My controller needs an M05 when changing spindle directions. 

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
serge.quiblier
in reply to: dbeanmail

Hello @dbeanmail

you can take a look at a similar issue in this other thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/how-do-i-get-post-to-move-x-axis-then-z-axis-w...

For the M5 command, still inside the onSection function, near the coolant off command, or before the tool call, you can add this command.

onCommand(COMMAND_STOP_SPINDLE);

Regards.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report