Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G71/G81 cycle rapids tools back into part @ G00 line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sewais
206 Views, 5 Replies

G71/G81 cycle rapids tools back into part @ G00 line

Hello,

Trying to use a simple center drill operation w. a 3+2 setup. All milling work is great positionally, but when the drilling w. a tilted b axis is complete, the tool G00 back into the part. See code & image below.

Post is modified to disable TCP, & enable 3+2 w/ a shift for the B axis since its not inline w. the C 

Thanks,

Sam E.

sewais_0-1692298709129.png

sewais_1-1692298747623.png

sewais_2-1692298773166.png

sewais_3-1692298843071.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drd_808
in reply to: sewais

Is 4.515 or 4.115 your z centerline number at b90 by any chance? it seems like the clearance height isn't being shifted by the post while the retract, feed, top and bottom z numbers are being shifted. Maybe its using b0. z clearance height +0.4 or b90. z centerline +0.4

edit: does that g0 z4.515 line run or does it alarm out? All the milling controls im familiar with would need a g80 before being able to move outside of the drilling cycle but I'm sure there are some that dont need it. im just curious 

Message 3 of 6
sewais
in reply to: drd_808

I've moved the brown layer in the first image a lot higher, & it seems to directly impact that Z4.515, however, in drilling operations w. no B axis tilt, the G00 Z value matches the G71. See example below

sewais_0-1692300785520.png

The line runs w/ out alarm. It's not an issue on through holes, but blind holes & center drills are an issue.

Message 4 of 6
drd_808

yeah it seems like your post isn't making the necessary shift for b-axis tilt on that one specific number but it is on all the rest. (tho the retract height doesn't seem to be shifted the exact correct amount either)

talk to whoever did the post modifications and ask them to apply the same shift to the final clearance z number 

I'm not familiar with what g71 does on a mill other than a bolt circle but that wouldn't involve a z number so forgive me if i'm totally misunderstanding something thats obvious to you

Message 5 of 6
sewais
in reply to: drd_808

It was me. I followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbBkrYQ1AbM&ab_channel=AutodeskFusion360 at first, then this https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/how-to-set-up-a-4-5-axis-machine-configurati... second

G71 on the okuma is Designation of return level for M53, G81, Fixed cycle; Spot boring, is the actual cycle 

Message 6 of 6
sewais

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report