Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G112 no longer available without forced action

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HDSHcnc
174 Views, 4 Replies

G112 no longer available without forced action

I've been programming with F360 since this time last year, and never had any issues with G112. I just recently got a surface pro at work and when I imported my old post for my ST25Y it now says "You can force G112 mode for a specific operation by using Manual NC Action with keyword 'usepolarmode'". 

Is there any way to revert to an old version of fusion to allow G112 or is is a bug with my new surface or something? I've tried going in and using the manual action code but its just extra work and wish it would just work the way it should like it used to.

Any insight appreciated!

Thanks,

Jacob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: HDSHcnc

This isn't an issue with your laptop. The most recent post now has a toggle in the Post Properties for this, or you can use a Manual NC "Action"

2023-07-25_04h32_19.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
HDSHcnc
in reply to: seth.madore

So if the toggle doesnt post out correctly then I am forced to use manual NC for every toolpath that I wish to use G112?

Just curious if there are any other work arounds, especially because I just used this function a couple of days ago just fine and now that I've switched computers the toggle no longer works (still same old post from october last year and even tried other versions up to july this year).

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: HDSHcnc

The toggle should be working as expected, the computer used shouldn't effect this. Are you certain that you're selecting the same post?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
HDSHcnc
in reply to: seth.madore

Yes it is ST25Y post version 44007 from october of last year. When toggle is selected "on" it fails to post any G112/G113 in the post.

I use it frequently and would love for it be applied throughout the entire program with a single toggle instead of taking the time to manually add action NC to each toolpath.

Thanks for taking the time to work through this with me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums