Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion360 Not Starting Cuts Where I Expected

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
acchilds97
78 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion360 Not Starting Cuts Where I Expected

Hi I'm pretty new to CNC machining and I am trying to do a cutout for a bird house. I've got everything working pretty well, and I did a first cut attempt. I decided that the feed rate was too fast for my machine though and so I stopped the cut and adjusted my tool so that it was slower and redid the feed rate for the cuts and then rebuilt the NC file. I then tried to redo my cut, starting again from the beginning with the new NC file.

When I tried to do this, instead of moving from model origin to the first cut like it did the first time it started the first cut at the point where I had set the home to, moving straight down and then moving off the edge of my stock for the cut. I've double checked I set the home on my machine to the correct point and that the origin is still where I expect it to be. I'm not sure what the issue is with this cut. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give to help me understand what is going on here.

I've attache both my nc file as well as my fusion360 model. I wasn't sure what type to make the model so I picked one that looked good, but I'm happy to reupload a different format if that would be better. Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

it sounds like you rearranged your cut order.

Throw your code in https://ncviewer.com/ and see that it plunges down into your stock to cut tabs as the first operation! 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report