Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion won't post my full program

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FrodoLoggins
123 Views, 7 Replies

Fusion won't post my full program

When trying to post everything in setup A] 1 Fusion won't post anything after my pattern:

EDIT: In the above: The last instance of operation F] Floor located in the pattern doesn't get fully posted. Just gets cut off.

When posting operations EB] XEB] Exterior, and MANUAL TAP nothing gets posted. I can post EB] X and EB] Exterior alone fine:

MANUAL TAP is a deep drilling cycle using a center drill. It simulates fine but won't get posted:

EDIT 2: Operation MANUAL TAP had the bottom height the same as the top height. Making the bottom height lower than the top height fixed this. Not sure why operations prior to MANUAL TAP wouldn't get posted though nor why the last instance of F] Floor in the pattern would only get partially posted.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

What post processor are you using?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

Revision 44083 of the Haas NGC milling post located here.

EDIT: A slightly edited version of that post. Changed the name of the cps file, changed its description, and then small settings like changing a value from the default to "9999" as shown below:

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 1.23.45 PM.png

Here's the link to the exact slightly edited post I'm using:

https://a360.co/3shTDze

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 8
seth.madore

I'm not a post guy by any stretch, but I'm guessing it's because the post is not able to do a zero depth.

It's interesting that you get ANY code out of it, as all I get is "failed" and that's literally it.

-EDIT-

Asking one of my colleagues about this oddity

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 8
FrodoLoggins

Sorry, I might have edited my forum post as you were typing that. I am/was using a slightly modified version of the OG Haas post provided by Fusion. Link in previous post.

Message 6 of 8
seth.madore

Yeah, that shouldn't matter. I'm using both the NGC and pre-NGC posts (latest posts on both) and getting the same results.

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 8
FrodoLoggins

I'm on Sonoma 14.1 which I believe is unsupported at the moment.

Message 8 of 8
seth.madore

While Sonoma isn't yet officially supported, I'm aware of several folks who are using it currently. There are some issues, but from what I gather it's relatively minor. This isn't likely related to the OS

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report