Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion warning tool is gouging model due to unsafe linking moves.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Wingdinger
186 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion warning tool is gouging model due to unsafe linking moves.

I'm trying to do a 2D contour with a 3/8" bit after the part is first cut out with a 1/2" bit. (3/8" contour is just to get a tighter radius in some critical corners)

After successfully adding the operation I modify the toolpath by deleting segments to only cut what I need. I've done it successfully several times before in the same file. (different manufacturing model and setup but I'm using the exact same geometry in this instance)

I'm attaching screenshots showing both the successful operation in a different setup, as well as the operation in my current setup that is giving me a warning. The operation with the warning does not have the correct lead-ins and lead-outs despite the settings being identical to my previous successful operation.

I've tried everything I can think of, starting with copying the operation from my previous setup and reselecting the contours to make sure my settings were identical. After no luck there I started over from scratch, still making sure the settings were same, no dice. I've tried leaving different line segments, changing entry points, etc. 

Screenshot 2023-01-23 172237.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 172805.png

  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brad.francola
in reply to: Wingdinger

Hi.  Are you able to share your file?

Message 3 of 5
engineguy
in reply to: Wingdinger

@Wingdinger 

From your images it does look like there is a Lead-out difference, first image appears to have a larger Lead-out than the second image, double check your settings and as @brad.francola suggests upload the problem file if you can.

To upload a Fusion file go to :-

File > Export > Select f3d Format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach to your reply

Message 4 of 5
Wingdinger
in reply to: brad.francola

Yes, uploaded now.

Message 5 of 5
Wingdinger
in reply to: engineguy

I noticed the difference in the leads which is very odd, the settings are identical as far as I can tell. I have no warning about unsafe linking maneuvers in the other one. I have uploaded the file now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report