Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion to CNC streamlining

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
elliotATHE9
151 Views, 2 Replies

Fusion to CNC streamlining

Hi, I am newer to Fusion and trying to figure out a problem and if Fusion can solve it. I have a product that is fairly simple like a box but I will need to have the ability to this in bespoke sizes to order. I will be using a 10 x 5 CNC router with tool changer and will be producing 20-50 a day most with size variations.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to create model templates of the products that when have the cnc tool settings already associated to each cut so if it change it from 1m to 2m it will and send it to the CNC no additional work is needed?

I am basically trying to streamline the creating model to clients size to the CNC as so many will need to be done. Any advise or suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: elliotATHE9

At present, you've got a couple of options:

1) Create all your toolpaths and save them as a Template. You can then insert that template into any other similar part file, just needing to reselect your contours and whatnot.

2) Parameterize your design, program your toolpaths. Hop back over to Design, change your parameters, move back to Manufacture and regenerate your toolpaths. As long as features aren't completely removed, you should be in good shape.

We are working on developing "Configurations", so this would make it a somewhat trivial task...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
elliotATHE9
in reply to: elliotATHE9

Thanks alot Seth. So I think I would parametrize the design anyway for quickness of amending it and this is what I was hoping. Nothing will change drastically just longer/shorter.

Look forward to seeing what configurations brings. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report