Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Templates: Is it possible to Export?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vpace5WV6X
177 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion Templates: Is it possible to Export?

When I go to Templates, I see that the import key is highlighted but the export key is not. Is there a way to export templates to a CSV file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: vpace5WV6X

Export, yes. As CSV, no. Observe the workflow in this short video:

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
vpace5WV6X
in reply to: seth.madore

Got the process but not sure how it helps. There are two roadblocks we are finding in the template library. The first being the fact that editing of a template only effects the description which is very limiting. For instance, if I no longer use Tool #98 as my 10-32 tap Drill and now use #105, how do I edit that in the template. The second frustration (perhaps lack of knowledge caused) is if I have multiple operations I save as 10-32: Spot Drill, Drill, and Form Tap, and once again need to chamge to a different tap drill #, I can't overwrite the template, I have to build an entirely new one as a duplicate and then delete the old but they are named the same in the library so which is old and which is new. The same dilemma is found in speeds, feeds, etc and mot being able to spreadsheet edit is limiting. Using the Tool library as an example, I can utilize a spreadsheet to organize over four hundred tools very cleanly and then reimport those changes. To do the same in Fusion would take 100X more time. 

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Actually, I retract my statement about the CSV. You CAN rename the .f3dhsm-template to CSV and you get this:

2024-03-25_20h06_54.png

You can also directly open them into Visual Studio Code and get this:

2024-03-25_20h07_39.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
vpace5WV6X

That does help as I can access he fundemental categories like Tool Number and Offset Number. Will explore further. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums