Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Post processor (Swap G2 and G3)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
idontrunntoofast
200 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 Post processor (Swap G2 and G3)

Hello  Gcode wizards. First time posting here for me... So hopefully I am doing things right. I have several new-to-me-but-old-as-dirt machines that I have been working on configuring Post processors for and have a nice list of fix-its in the works.

one of these machines is a Chevalier lathe running an Anaheim 4200

I have a post mostly working aside from a few issues.

I want to tackle one of these issues now if I can.

This Chevalier lathe runs Xpositive which I found means that G2 and G3 must be swapped... I have tested and confirmed this by creating some convex and concave curves and posting them. I have to end up having to do a find / replace in order to swap G2 and G3.

Looking for a Post Wizard to help me swap the two Properly in Post

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@idontrunntoofast 

Best if you can upload a copy of the PP that you are using as it may be different to any that have not been modified.

Message 3 of 4

Yep I Figured, it is a much longer post format than I am used to, the post processors for this same machine . just uploaded it. (Attached) (forgot that compensation (G42 and G43) are also reversed on this machine but if someone can point me in the right direction for swapping G2 and G3 I am sure I can figure out G42 and G43

Thank you. 🙂

Message 4 of 4

I spent a little bit of time going over the Post today (while in terminal for layover)

I Think I got it Figured out.

I changed the following Block:

function ToolingData(_tool) {
switch (_tool.turret) {
// Positional Turret
case 0:
this.tooling = TURRET;
this.toolPost = REAR;  
break;

to

function ToolingData(_tool) {
switch (_tool.turret) {
// Positional Turret
case 0:
this.tooling = TURRET;
this.toolPost = FRONT;  
break;

This swapped the G02 and G03 properly but swapped all the Sign on X and I values

for instance

N35 G3 X1.78 Z-0.9319 I-0.032 K-0.0645

became

N35 G2 X-1.78 Z-0.9319 I0.032 K-0.0645

So then I changed the -1 to 1 in this Block

function setDirectionX() {
xFormat.setScale(toolingData.toolPost == FRONT ? Math.abs(xFormat.getScale()) * -1 : Math.abs(xFormat.getScale()));
iFormat.setScale(toolingData.toolPost == FRONT ? Math.abs(iFormat.getScale()) * -1 : Math.abs(iFormat.getScale()));
xOutput = createVariable({onchange:function() {retracted[X] = false;}, prefix:"X"}, xFormat);
iOutput = createReferenceVariable({prefix:"I"}, iFormat);

So that It became this

function setDirectionX() {
xFormat.setScale(toolingData.toolPost == FRONT ? Math.abs(xFormat.getScale()) * 1 : Math.abs(xFormat.getScale()));
iFormat.setScale(toolingData.toolPost == FRONT ? Math.abs(iFormat.getScale()) * 1 : Math.abs(iFormat.getScale()));
xOutput = createVariable({onchange:function() {retracted[X] = false;}, prefix:"X"}, xFormat);
iOutput = createReferenceVariable({prefix:"I"}, iFormat);
}

I generated a few gcode files and now the Same G-code line referenced above becomes

N35 G2 X1.78 Z-0.9319 I-0.032 K-0.0645

So everything seems to be working and Ill test it on the machine when I am home next week. I will upload the new .CPS as soon as I have a chance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report